Conviron Growth Chambers
Conviron products provide precise control of temperature, humidity, and light for agricultural, pharmaceutical, neutraceutical and other life sciences applications. Latham Hall provides twenty four reach in chambers, ranging from one to four shelf units and eight walk-in chambers, six of which are two stories tall, to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Natural Resources and Environment.
Current Rental Rates and Information:
- 24 Reach In Chambers - $2.00 per day / $60 per 30 day period
- 6 (2 story) Walk In units - Within College of Natural Resource $50.00 per week, Outside of CNR $200.00 per week
- 2 (1 story) Walk In units - Within College of Natural Resource $39.00 per week, Outside of CNR $190.00 per week
- Conviron Growth Chambers (PDF | 63KB)
- Growth Chamber Rules and Regulations (PDF | 9KB)
- Growth Chamber Emergency Contact Sheet (DOC | 22KB)
- Growth Chamber Checkout Sheet (DOCX | 12KB)
Latham Hall has several pieces of research equipment available for use in the building. All labs have access to this equipment. See the below link for the most current list of equipment and their locations.
Latham Hall provides at all times two, 180 liter, low pressure cylinders of liquid nitrogen.
Latham Hall offers two meeting facilities for its occupants. The seminar room is located in room 311 and can accommodate up to 40 people. It also offers audio/visual capabilities. The conference room is located in room 535 and can accommodate up to 12 people. Both rooms have connections for a conference phone.
Ann Hutchens, Office Manager
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
203 Latham Hall (0390)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-3609
Fax: (540) 231-3347