The artwork throughout Latham Hall is on loan from the Miles and Ruth Horton Collection of The Virginia Tech Foundation. The 16 contemporary pieces by Virginia artists were chosen for their organic themes and tie in with the interdisciplinary research that is conducted in the building.
Artwork is displayed on all floors except the first, which is dedicated to the plant and soil preparation areas as well as large-size growth chambers.
Artists’ work displayed in the building:
- Dean Carter – carved walnut (5th floor)
- Carole Carrera Davis – watercolor on paper (5th floor)
- R. Ensign – two collographs on paper (4th floor)
- George Preston Frazier – watercolor on paper (4th floor)
- Walt Hewes – three watercolors on paper (2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors)
- Victor Huggins – serigraph on paper (3rd floor)
- Jack Jeffers – gelatin silver print (3rd floor)
- Tena Kelsey – oil (2nd floor)
- Marcia McDade – serigraph on paper (3rd floor)
- Joni Pienkowski – two mixed media on board (5th floor)
- J.W.M. Ross – oil on canvas (3rd floor)
- Frank Stack – watercolor on paper (3rd floor)